Plant world is affected by many kinds of pests capable of causing irreparable damage to plants. These interlopers multiply in leaps and bounds feeding on plant juices causing plant loss. These pests are not always easily detected at a glance, and it is fairly hard to identify plant pests and diseases. This article reviews the most widespread plant pests and the damage they may cause.
5 most widespread plant pests
- Flea beetles feed on plant leaves, flowers, fruits, which weakens the plants adversely affecting their growing ability. Flea beetles present danger to fruit and vegetable gardens and general crops.
- Spider mites are microscopic parasites feeding on plant juices. It leaves a kind of spider web on leaves, stalks and fruits, which leads to their drying out and causing loss of plants. spider mites are nearly invisible to the human eye, however their destructive influence may be seen by loss of color and the change in plant shape.
- Aphids feed on plant juices weakening plant immunity and, therefore, curing capability. Aphids multiply quickly and they quickly colonize whole plants, carrying various viruses, which can lead to massive decay of crops.
- Fen cricket is an insect active at night time, which looks like a glowing worm. It is a dangerous pest to many garden plants. Fen cricket feeds on plant roots, shafts and leaves, which leads to disruptions of their nutrition balance and plant loss.
- Palmer worms are a stage in development of various insects, including butterflies and moths. They feed on plant leaves and fruits, which can lead to loss of leaves or various plant defects. Palmer worms may be dangerous to both commercial crop plants and for ornamental plants as well.
Detecting plant pests
We are offering the best app for plant disease identification, which can detect the influence of pests by plant appearance. All you need to do is take a picture of the affected plant part, and let the app instantly detect the type of pest and offer measures to counter it. Our recent update will let you store records of the disease, and provide additional recommendations during treatment. Computer vision will let you determine exactly what type of pest is affecting your plant by its look. We are also offering a free app version for iPhone, which can help you neutralize all sorts of pests in your garden.
We aim to provide gardeners and plant professionals with a tool to help them control pests, keep their plants healthy and successfully prevent the spread of diseases. Our app is a trusted partner in the journey to a well-maintained garden and plant recovery from infestations.