Flowering plants are a great part of our life, their beauty and the pleasant smell bring joy to us every day. However, just like any other living things, flowering plants are susceptible to various diseases. This article reviews the most common diseases of flowering plants, and shares some ways of identifying specific ones and obtaining information on their treatment.
Flower Plant Diseases Which Occur Most Frequently
- Roses are one of the most popular flower plants, yet they are susceptible to various diseases. One of the most common of these is the rose leaf problem called powdery mildew, which shows up as white mildew on the leaves. Roses may also be affected by black spot, root rot, and other diseases. It is important to know how to identify these diseases in order to implement treatment in time to cure them.
- One of the most frequent diseases which affect dianthus is powdery mildew. This disease manifests itself as white mildew on the leaves and the stems, which later become yellow and fall off. Another common disease is black spot, which manifests itself as black spots on the leaves. These diseases may be caused by insufficient lighting, improper watering and fungal infections.
- This beautiful plant is, unfortunately just as prone to disease as any other. One of the disease which affect it is bacterial maculation. This disease causes brown or yellow spots appear on leaves and flower cups. Later, these may spread throughout the plant causing it to fade and die. Another common iris disease is rootstock rot. It manifests itself by rotting yellow and brown spots on iris roots leading to plant loss.
- Growing tulips also may involve certain risks. One of the most common tulip diseases is gray mold. It is manifested by by grey mold seen on the leaves and flower cups of the plants. This disease may lead to weakened growth and tulip blight. Another tulip problem is a common disease known as fusariosis. This fungal infection causes leaf spots, stem decay and death of flower plants.
- This plant is susceptible to a bacterial disease called bacterial rot. This disease causes dark spots and rotting of stems and peony flowers. Those effects, in turn, may lead to fading and death of the plants. Another common peony disease is phytophthora, causing spots to show up on the leaves and stems, leading to plant loss.
Identifying Flowering Plant Diseases
In order to diagnose the diseases of flowering plants, especially with little experience and knowledge, we recommend using our app for the iPhone. We are pleased to present our unique reveal flower disease app, which utilizes computer vision to identify plant diseases. The app also has a free version, which offers the capability to photograph affected plant parts and retrieve complete recommendations on how to treat them.
In addition, reveal flower disease apk, our new feature, enables our users to store plant records for specific plants. After treatment has been applied, you can send your data again for the app to process, and the software will automatically correct the treatment, if it discovers a necessity to do so. Such an innovative feature will enable plant growers to effectively manage the health of their plants and ensure their well-being.
To conclude, plant diseases may seriously affect their health and appearance, however the technology we have today helps us be effective in fighting these problems. Our iPhone app is a great tool to help you identify plant diseases and provide complete instructions on how to treat them. Do not forget to use this application to provide for your plants, give them health and beauty over the years.